Cook like a chef for a day with this recipe straight from the Sullivan’s kitchen! This sauce is rich, creamy, and incredibly delicious and can be enjoyed as a soup, over rice, or however you want to serve it!
Makes 1 quart
What You’ll Need:
24 fl oz unsweetened coconut milk
8 fl oz cream of coconut
1 cup heavy cream
¼ cup Spanish onion (diced)
¼ cup fresh ginger (minced)
⅛ cup fresh garlic (minced)
½ cup white wine
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
Juice of 3 limes
1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
⅛ cup cilantro (chopped)
⅛ cup curry (dry seasoning)
Sea salt to taste
Corn Starch Slurry:
¼ cup corn starch
¼ cup water
⅛ cup butter
1. Sweat onions, garlic, and ginger in butter until the onions are softened.
2. Add Curry, pepper, and white wine. Cook for 3 minutes on medium heat.
3. Add coconut milk, cream of coconut, and heavy cream. Simmer for 15 minutes. Stir frequently to prevent scorching.
4. While bubbling, add cornstarch slurry slowly until desired consistency. (You may not need all of it).
5. Add salt, lime juice, vinegar, and cilantro. Then remove from heat.
6. Chill in the fridge or serve immediately.
7. Shelf life one week. Or freeze and enjoy it at your leisure!
Let us know if you make this at home! Take a photo of your finished dish and tag us on instagram: @sullivans.metro.grill!
Copyright © 2021 Sullivan's Metropolitan Grill. All Rights Reserved.